I'm excited to officially announce the very first round of a new foodblogging challenge, A Vegetarian Feast!! Or, if you want to go with foodblogger lingo, we'll call it AVF #1. This round's theme is A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Feast, so if you'd like to contribute a dish to our table, please take note of the rules and guidelines below and start thinking about what you might want to whip up! Also, please please please tell your friends, as I'm a relatively new blogger and sometimes it's hard to get the word out. I'm giving everyone almost two months to get their recipes done, and as a special bonus, for this challenge I'm letting you submit after the deadline. I encourage everyone to get their entries in by Sunday, November 18th so that I can post the round-up a few days before the American Thanksgiving and give everyone some ideas, but if you make some delicious meatless item for Thanksgiving dinner and think we should know about it, feel free to submit an entry up to Monday, November 26th and I'll add it to the round-up!
1. Your entry must be a meatless dish. This means no red meat, fish, or poultry. Dairy is welcome but not required, and vegan entries are always welcome! Also, you don't have to be a vegetarian to cook vegetarian. As long as there's no meat in your post, you're welcome to join us!
2. Your entry can be something that you made, that someone else made, that you ate in a restaurant, etc, but it must have at least one photo (that I can use for the round-up). If you want me to use a specific photo from your entry, please let me know or attach it to your e-mail. Recipes are not required but encouraged!
3. For the theme A Vegetarian Thanksgiving Feast, please feel free to use your imagination! This challenge is not for North Americans only - anyone is welcome to contribute some ideas and join the fun! If you have any questions about what a "traditional" Thanksgiving meal normally entails, feel free to e-mail me and ask. You can do a vegetarian twist on a traditional meaty dish; show us your favourite traditionally meatless side, entree, or dessert; share a unique family recipe; or even just do an original dish using fall ingredients. The sky's the limit, and we want to know what you like to eat for Thanksgiving!
4. The deadline is Sunday, November 18th for the challenge, and the round-up will be posted by Monday night to give everyone time to incorporate new recipes when doing their Thanksgiving shopping. The deadline for additional entries showcasing what you actually made for Thanksgiving is Monday, November 26th, and those will be added to the round-up mid-week.
5. Please e-mail all entries to email@example.com - don't forget to include your name, the name and URL of your blog, the URL of the post, and the photo you'd prefer I use if there is one. You can also leave this info in a comment to this post. Don't hesitate to e-mail or comment if you have questions!