19 March 2008

From the Pantry: I don't wear green, but I eat it.

A belated happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. I was too tired to post this Monday or Tuesday, but I thought I'd make something green to be semi-festive. I dug around my fridge and came up with a number of things that I decided would make a fairly convincing spinach dip. I think it was a little too mayonnaisey, so instead of eating it cold I dumped a ton of cheese in (this is becoming my trademark, isn't it?) and microwaved to neutralise the taste. The "recipe," if you could call it that, is about a third of a bag of frozen spinach, thawed and drained, a big spoonful of sour cream, a smaller spoonful of mayonnaise, a few squirts of lemon juice, a big shake of garlic powder, a big shake of pepper, a handful of grated parmesan, stir, refrigerate a little while, dump a handful of mozzarella on top, and microwave until warm. Stir. Enjoy with toasted tortilla, torn into pieces. Yum!

The Bottom Line
Taste: ***
Appearance: ***
Ease:****
Cost: $$
Overall: ***

No comments: