26 June 2009

Cooking for Our Rights: Nyponsoppa

Long ago I posted about a package I receieved full of Scandinavian goodies, most remarkable being that fabulous Danish Sortie Sara cheese. Well, I've recently had an opportunity to try something else in that pacakage, a powdered soup mix called nyponsoppa (rosehip soup) and the accompanying Mandelbiskvier (almond cookies). The sender informed me that the key to this soup is to dunk the cookies in it, and a friend also suggested that I add vanilla ice cream. The verdict? Well, I like cold fruit soups, and I really like almond, so the cookies were fantastic (they're quite hard but the soup helps that). The taste of the soup itself is very strong. I followed instructions and mixed with a liter of water, but if I were to try it again I might dilute it more. I ended up letting the ice cream melt a bit, though, and when I swirled them together it cut the taste of the soup so it made quite a nice dinner. Yes, I had ice cream and cookies for dinner. This also means that I can cross Sweeden off the Cooking for Our Rights challenge list!

1 comment:

Jann said...

Well, this is a new one for me! another new recipe to try...