13 October 2009

TWD: Allspice Crumb Muffins

Today's recipe, Allspice Crumb Muffins, was selected by Kayte at Grandma's Kitchen Table. I didn't think it was a fabulous recipe, but it was a good one. As with most struessel topping muffins, I ended up with extra streussel, but I piled as much on top of each muffin as I could. I did have a couple of oopsies, one being that the butter wasn't quite cool enough when I added the milk, so it solidified and I had to stick it back in the microwave to thin it out before adding to the batter. That didn't affect anything. I also misplaced my allspice, so my muffins had nutmeg in the crumb and cardamom in the muffin, which worked quite well. You can find out how all the other TWD bakers did at the Tuesdays with Dorie site.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

Thanks for baking with me this week...I think your muffins look very very nice. This recipe is one where you can add in and subtract things and get it just to your liking. Hope you get it to that degree of happiness for you!

Anonymous said...

Greetings

I am new here and I just wanted to say hi!

Bye everyone!