10 March 2010

TWD: Thumbprints for Us Big Guys

I'm a bit late on this, because my camera batteries were all drained yesterday, but here's Tuesday's recipe. I thought these cookies were really tasty with that roast hazelnut flavor. I used key lime jelly instead of jam, so it was a bit thinner and as you can see some of it missed the cookies. I ended up just letting the bottoms absorb the jelly and it was quite tasty. Lime/hazelnut is an odd combination, but not a bad one. I would recommend that you really press all the way to the bottom when poking the holes; I got a lot of thick cookie and not as much space for jam. I also think this would be really good just dropping a couple of dark chocolate chips into the cookies right after they come out of the oven. See the rest of the TWD bakers' progress here.

No comments: