28 March 2011

Sweet Potato Enchiladas with Lentils and Couscous


I keep seeing recipes around for sweet potato enchiladas and burritos, and it had given me a craving a couple of weeks ago. My initial plan was to stick pretty much with a recipe from Budget Bytes, but after I got the sweet potatoes I realized that I didn't have any soy chorizo. So instead, I decided to improvise a little bit and instead of chorizo and poblano I used some couscous and lentils I had left over, mixed with canned green chilis. It was a little odd, but I think it turned out really well once the whole thing was smothered with requisite sauce and cheese. I used burrito sized tortillas, three to an 8 x 8 pan, and rolled them in advance so when I got home all I had to do was add the sauce and cheese and pop the whole thing in the oven.

No comments: